Fair Processing Notice
L & S Office Supplies understand that your information is important and in the wrong hands it poses a risk to your rights and freedoms. In order to help you to protect your information this notice will explain what information we collect, why we collect it, what we do with it, how long we keep it for, who can access it and what your rights are.
What we need
We need to collect the following information:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Nature of enquiry
- Shipping address
- Billing address
- Credit Card Details
- Bank Account Details
Why we need it
We need to collect this information to:
- Handle Enquiries
- Process Orders
- Perform Stationery Audits
What we do with it
When you place an order on our website, your payment details are passed to our payments provider to process the payment. Once payment has been processed, the order details are passed to one of our fulfilment partners to fulfil your order, which is then passed to one of our couriers for delivery. All of this is done in order for us to fulfil your order.
When you make an enquiry, your contact details and the nature of enquiry are stored in our system, to then be referenced by the staff member best placed to handle your enquiry. This record may be updated if you have further questions or place a further order. All of this is done with your consent.
When we conduct a stationery audit, we obtain contact details, ordering histories, previous purchases and existing processes. All of this is done in order to fulfil the audit service that you have requested.
We will not transfer your data to another country.
We do not use automated decision-making.
How long we keep it
Information about your order is kept in our systems for 7 seven years.
Any enquiry information is held in our systems for six months after the last communication.
Information regarding stationery audits is held in our system for 7 years.
How will it affect you
Failing to provide complete and correct information may result in us being unable to process or fulfil your order, handle your enquiry or perform a stationery audit.
Who can see it
In order to take payment for your orders we will need to pass your details on to payment providers:
In order to fulfil your order will need to pass your details to fulfilment partners:
- Stationery Wholesalers
- Shredding and Data Destruction Specialists
- Office Furniture Wholesalers
- Bespoke Product Merchandising Providers
- Paper Merchants
- Office Refurbishment Providers
In order to deliver your order your deliver address will passed to our couriers:
- Multilink Distribution Ltd
- Fed Ex
Our website is hosted with Evolution Software who may have access to your data. Support for our systems is provided by Logic 1st. Our software for handling and managing orders is provided and supported by Heart Systems and Xero.
All of these suppliers are contracted to only use your data as we instruct and will never use it for their own purposes. We will never sell or share your data without your consent, unless there is an overriding legal reason for us to do so.
How we protect it
All the data you provide is kept secure and any staff or contractors that handle this data have a commitment and the necessary training to keep it private and secure. We have a number of policies and procedures in place to ensure that data is handled correctly, kept secure, and we have implemented the necessary technical controls to support these.
What are your rights
- Request a copy of the data we hold on you. If you wish to do this then send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request that we correct or update the data that we hold on you. If you wish to do this then send your request to email@example.com
- Request that we delete the information we hold on you. If you wish to do this then send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request that we keep your data but do not use it. If you wish to do this then send your request to email@example.com
- Request that we send a copy of your data to another organisation. If you wish to do this then send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Object to how we are using your data. If you wish to do this then send your request to email@example.com
- Raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about us. If you wish to do this then go to their website https://ico.org.uk/ and follow their instruction
- Take us, or the Information Commissioner’s Office to court. If you wish to do this then send details to the address list in the contact information section below.
Additionally, we must inform you of the following:
- If we suffer a data breach and your data is affected in a way that it poses a risk to your rights and freedoms.
- If we carry out your request to correct/update, erase or not use your data
Contact Details for the controller of your data:
L & S Office Supplies
Unit 3, 83 Marlborough Road
Lancing Business Park, Lancing
West Sussex, BN15 8UF
Phone: +44(0)1903 762429
Information Commissions Office
Registration Number: ZA473426
Last Registration: 06 November 2020
Registration Expiry: 07 November 2021